24.12.2006


19.12. Today is my main Christmas-shopping expedition to STORNOWAY. The load of messages will be delivered tomorrow to the house, so I can go round the shops, buy myself a smaller teapot, fetch more books out of the library and get a dozen scallops at Harbour Seafood. I even met a friend at the bus station and we exchanged presents.

Back home I helped Mor to clean her windows. It was mostly dry with only a few spots of rain ever now and then. In the evening I managed to assemble the new chair and got on with putting up the Christmas-decorations.

Rechtzeitig vor dem großen Ansturm fuhr ich nach STORNOWAY um meine Lebensmittel einzukaufen und nutzte gleichzeitig aus, dass einmal pro Woche die Waren frei-Haus geliefert werden können. Unbeschwert schlenderte ich durch die Läden, kaufte eine kleinere Teekanne und ein Dutzend Jakobsmuscheln bei “Harbour-Seafood”. Ich traf kurz vor der Rückfahrt eine Freundin, um Geschenke auszutauschen. Ein angenehmer Tag, nur ab und zu fielen ein paar Regentropfen.

Zuhause half ich einer älteren Nachbarin Fenster putzen und baute am späteren Abend den neuen Sessel zusammen.

Keine Kommentare: