24.12.2006



15.12. Rain and wind continued for most of the day.

I sorted out various things, ordered coal for next Tuesday, and also a chair - my Xmas present for the family - which caused some problems to get it delivered. The last chair I took over on the bus on a wild, rainy day, but there was the family waiting for me to take the box up the hill. When I inspected my front garden I noticed the telephone line had come down. I reported this immediately and the case was classed as hazardious once I told them, that the wire was down on a field with sheep grazing. I hope this helps and I will get it fixed before the line breaks and I am cut off altogether.

I managed a short walk to CLIFF beach before it turned dark.

Es regnete und stürmte heute fast den ganzen Tag. Ich las meine Post und kümmerte mich um einige praktische Dinge, bestellte Kohle und das Weihnachtsgeschenk für die Familie, einen weiteren Sessel. Da das Geschäft in Stornoway nicht rechtzeitig liefern kann und ich das Paket bei diesem Wetter nicht mit dem Bus anschleppen möchte, musste ich Nachbarn um Hilfe bitten.

Als ich meinem Vorgarten inspizierte, sah ich, dass das Telefonkabel herunterhing. Der Fall wurde nach meinem Anruf bei BT als „hazardious“ eingestuft, nachdem auf dem Feld vor dem%

Keine Kommentare: